Monday, August 9, 2010

Jam-Packed Saturday



My Friday night, as usual, was soooo amazing. We watched Inception *It's better than never, hihi*. Nolan, my Living Puzzle, you are really one of the greatest creations of God. More power to you. 


So it's about my Saturday, *hihi*.

You already know about my cooking fantasies, right? Fantasies can become reality if you do something to make it happen. I was insipired by the movie Julie & Julia. So I'm like Julie Powell of this time, in the main island of the Philippines, looking up to a Julia Child (who is Julie Powell now *it's confusing, I know hihi*). To fulfill my cooking fantasies, this would be my manuaI:

*Huhu* Not Everything About It Is Easy

Everything about cooking excites me, but when I scanned read the book last night, *Gosh I can't believe that* I will encounter not just pasta, and cheese, and soups, and salads, I will also say hello to rabbit, turkey, duck, and kangaroo *kidding on the K part hihi*. My God, please help me buy the proper ingredients. Just thinking about it makes me wanna buy another cookbook. BTW, I call this project, Aryana's Italian Cooking Project. If I successfully prepared all 163 recipes in the cookbook, I will definitely apply for a Culinary Arts course, or NOT.

Whatever happens, I know this about fun, and excitement, and bonding, and satisfaction, and, and, and... a lot more than I can predict today.

Aside from buying Italian cookbook, I also bought this:


I wanted to learn Arabic but there when I browse through the book, gosh, it was sooooo hard to understand I was shocked with the foreign characters, so I ended up with this one. And I love it already. :D

After lurking at National Bookstore, I, with my super HS friends, Yani *yes, we have the same name; it's destiny* and Vern, attended the 10th World Food Expo in World Trade Center, Manila. We were like in an educational tour. It was a different kind of fun. It's like my brain was also happy with everything it's having right there and there *hihi*.


The best thing from attending food expo, of course, other than free food and learning experience, is of course, the good buys in their lowest cost. For example, I bought a loaf of multigrain bread which usually costs around P120, in just P80 there in the expo. There were also lots of healthy foodums present in the expo *hihi, total fooooood madness!*

Whole Wheat Multigrain Loaf, P80

Foccacia w/ cheese and herbs, my ultimate lover since college, P60

Rainbow Pao! Asado, Ube, Dulce de Leche, Chocolate, Monggo Flavors! P6 each, P70/box

Plum Juice, P35                                                   8 Red Fruits, P50

Tomato Juice, P50

Super guiltless. WOFEX is the best! :D

Before going home, we decided to try out Cafe Dasmarinas, for a change. As I enter the restaurant, I felt a different ambiance --- cultural, classic, and gloomy. It was a perfect place and ambiance to match with the cold and rainy evening. I decided to buy a cafe latte but was surprised to see just one coffee-based item on the menu --- of course, brewed coffee. It would have been better if they serve a variety of coffee-based drinks. Even so, I am super satisfied with the food quality and servings, and the service. Uber delicious! I'm a satisfied customer. :D


But of course, at the end of the day, it'll always be Souk Cafe that I long for *it's true lurve, hihi*.

This is one of the busiest Saturdays of my life. And this is the kind of being busy that I love to do everyday!

No matter what the day is, busify it and enjoy!
Woo! *as in a roller coaster ride*

No comments:

Post a Comment