Monday, August 16, 2010

China Town!

 
China is everywhere, isn't it?

No matter where you go, there will always be something Chinese around. In Philippine history, China really played a very big role to early Filipinos. Eversince the world begun *haha*, Chinese people are really into business, and that's how our ancestors get involved with them.

Roland, Alice, and Pao



I'm not really into history, so I won't plunge into the details *Introduction = FAIL hihi*. All I want to share is that yesterday, I and my Plurkada friends went to Binondo to try a different kind of trip. It was my first time to go to China Town in/or Binondo, so I was really, really excited. 






Alice, Pao, and Kux





As we walked, we heard some Chinese music playing, and I found it really cute. Even though Ongpin St was small, parked cars makes it much smaller.

If you want to experience a little bit of China, getting in Binondo is a good start!
We ate lunch at Wai Ying. Though it was a small restaurant, I can assure you the food is really, really good. We ordered sharksfin dumplings, pork siomai, shrimp rolls, sweet and sour pork, fish fillets, yang chow rice, and beef mami *must try*. Good food, for me, should be something delicious and comes into a big serving size.

Wai Ying has more to offer than these tasty foodums :D

Manila's China Town is small so we decided to walk around and discover what really there is. Guess what? All we see is food. It's a good thing though, so that those we come home to will also get the taste of China Town.


It rained hard for quite a long while so we stayed in Binondo Church to pray and to pray. :)


Binondo Church

After going to Binondo, we went to Divisoria to shop, shop, shop, and then went home. That day made me realize how beautiful Manila is. There may be issues regarding cleanliness, but there's still something we can do to revive it. Next time, I'll walk around Manila for a day, just like what I do when I go to other places. It's like being a tourist in your own hometown. :D

Mahal Ko Ang Maynila :D

2 comments:

  1. love it! =) ndi na kami natuloy tuloy ni jim pumunta sa binondo para kumain.. kahit ang lapit lapit lang namin dun.. overr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ituloy niyo, isama niyo ako, tapos maggala tayo sa manila lol di ko pa nagagawa un e T__T

    ReplyDelete