Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Aryana's Italian Cooking Project: White Bean Soup with Parmesan Croutons



Woo, it's been a long time since I cooked for a number of people. It was when I cooked Italian spaghetti for my previous co-workers on a Christmas party. It was really something. For me, to be able to cook delicious dishes is an achievement. And it's hot *here comes my imagination, hihi*. That's it.


The ingredients and the procedures

Last night, I cooked White Bean Soup with Parmesan Croutons. It was easy but it took a while to wait for the beans to cook, even if pressure cooker is used. 

Attempt #1: FAIL

When I first made the croutons, they got burned so I had to make a dozen of them AGAIN (sayang 'yung olive oil and parmesan cheese T___T). I was busy preparing the soup that time, that's why I forgot about the bread *yeah, lesson learned*. Mama was observing me while doing my stuff. Her comments and tips really helped me through *she's amazing*. 

The Soup

It made me smile when I saw and smelled hope on the saucepan. It smelled and looked delicious. The herbs really tickled my nostrils *hahaha*. Yes, I'm a fan of herbs. I looooong to taste all of them! 

And after almost an hour, here comes the SOUPah star:


I think I need a better camera to make this more orangeeeeyyy *haha*. It was really delicious and creamy and full of taste. Mama and Steven were the taste the soup, and they said it was really good, esp. for them at that time because they just got back from work, and everything. It's a stress reliever! I am super happy that they liked it. :D

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment